Friday, September 10, 2004

Kickball!!!

I played kickball with a bunch of elementary school kids (and a preschooler) this afternoon. I kicked ass!



Funny, I hadn't done anything much physical in months, and I could feel it in my body: a weakness, a feeling of total atrophy. Then I danced my ass off last Friday (at a wedding) and Sunday (80s-goth night), and tho my calves hurt for 2 days afterward, it felt so good! It gave me the energy to climb around the jungle gym and play kickball today, when I would have normally just sat and watched. I didn't play for a long time, mind you, as I was 1 of 3 kickers/runners at first and then the pitcher and sole defense against half-a-dozen kids, but I actually worked up a sweat and breathed heavily. Pretty lame how seldom that happens, but for today, I feel awesome!



I know all that stuff about the natural high of endorphins, but I'm so naturally lazy that I forget.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chox said...

sometimes i listen to nitzer ebb and pretend i'm at the nine of clubs.

October 9, 2004 at 6:34:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home