Wednesday, September 15, 2004

May You Live In Interesting Times

You know that supposed Chinese Proverb?

I've come to the conclusion that I'm insane.

I set these really expectations on what my life should be, what I should accomplish, what talent I should pick up and hone, how nice my house should be, how sound my children, what new things I should learn, basically, how interesting my life should be, and then, when I get it, I freak out becasue it's too much. Sometimes, for just a second, I wonder if it would be better if we moved to te burbs and I got a normal job and my husband got a normal job and we just went to work, picked up the kids , had the same scheduled dinner (macncheese on Mondays, Tacos on Tues, Weiners on Weds), and watched tv until bed. But the thought of really doing that makes me want to slit my wrists, so instead, I snap at my husband, have a crying fit, and then I pick up where I left off.



It's chaos, but at least it's interesting.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chox said...

honey, would we want to live our lives any differently? keep it interesting...surround yourself with beautiful things and fascinating people, occasionally abuse a substance, but keep your bills paid, your roof intact, your kids from eating ajax, and it'll all be fine.

besides, suburbs are boring. remember plymouth park?

October 9, 2004 at 11:46:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home