Monday, November 29, 2004

Child Abuse

We were throwing rocks in a river yesterday, and as we were leaving, my youngest decided to throw one last rock. He didn't see me standing in front of him, apparently, because before I saw it coming, I heard a horrible 'THOK' noise and saw a blinding flash as the rock hit me in the head. It dropped me to my knees with a hand over my eye. When I pulled my hand away, it was covered with blood. Eeew! Scared the shit out of everyone with us (and me, too). I had a nice gash above my eye and I was totally freaked out as we walked back up the trail to our car, holding a napkin to my head. We almost went to the hospital for stitches, but by the time we got back to the car, it had pretty much swelled itself shut. Poor kid was apologizing to me all night. I just have a butterfly strip and a slightly swollen eye, and if it scars, it will just make my eyebrow look a little bit longer.

I look tough. I loved the looks I got when I went to pick up the other kid at school today. And it's even better when my husband is next to me, with his wounded eye (a whipped cream wrestling match, don't ask). We're telling everyone we've got it worked out now, thanks.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chox said...

You have no idea how glad I am we're related. :-)

December 3, 2004 at 4:14:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home